I had a bunch of my friends sleepover last night. It was totally fun since we stayed up late playing NHL Stanley Cup Wii and watching the GI Joe movie. We got up early this morning to play hockey outside and then we got HUNGRY!!
I made my Eggs In The Oven for breakfast and everyone had seconds. I served it with hash browns and those little oranges. Now, back to our game.
EGGS IN THE OVEN
(some people call it quiche without a crust)
Stuff You Need:
6-8 slices of bacon
1/2 cup of shredded cheese (I like Cheddar)
1/2 cup of corn
2 tablespoons of melted butter
1/2 cup of pancake mix
1 1/2 cups of milk
1 teaspoon of salt
dash of pepper
Equipment You Need:
9 inch pie pan
fork or whisk
1. Make the bacon.
My mom's trick it to make it in the oven. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Put bacon on cookie sheet and then put cookie sheet into heated oven. It usually takes about 15 minutes for it to get crisp. Just watch it and you will see that it goes from rubber to crisp to burned pretty fast.
While bacon is cooking, layer paper towels on plate (it will absorb the extra grease from bacon). When bacon is crisp, using the hot pads, take the cookie sheet out of the oven and set on stove. Leave the oven on. Take the tongs and lift the bacon out of the grease and on to the paper towels. Let cool.
2. Take 9 inch pie plate and lightly spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
3. Crumble up the bacon and spread it on the bottom of the pan. Sprinkle on the cheese and corn.
4. In a bowl, mix up the 4 eggs until they are beaten together. Take the 2 tablespoons of butter and put it in a small microwave safe bowl. Put it in microwave for 10-15 seconds to melt it. Add to eggs. Mix in the pancake mix, milk, salt and pepper and combine it all with a fork or whisk until all the pancake mix in totally blended.
5. Carefully pour the egg mixture in pie pan.
6. Put it in oven and set timer for 35 minutes. It will be done when it is kind of brownish on the top.
7. Let it cook for about 5 minutes. Cut it up and eat!!
The thing about this recipe is that you can put all kinds of combinations in it and everything turns out really good. Combos like:
Ham and Swiss Cheese
Sausage and Cheddar
Sausage and Cheddar
Pancetta, Smoked Gouda Cheese, and Onion
Steamed Broccoli and Cheddar Cheese
Sauteed Red Pepper and Provolone
Or, if you like it plain, just throw in the cheese and call it breakfast!