Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Radical Ribs (recipe)

Over the weekend, to make me feel better since my allergies were killing me, I headed to the kitchen to make my FAVORITE ribs with my dad on grill assist. My sisters cheer themselves up with chocolate, I cheer myself up with BBQ Ribs!!

RADICAL RIBS
Stuff You Need
1 18 ounce bottle of BBQ sauce
1/2 cup of brown sugar
Juice of 1 large lemon or lime
1 tbs A1 steak sauce
2-3 lbs pork loin baby back ribs
salt

Equipment You Need
2 Cookie sheets
Crock Pot
Big Bowl
Knife
Cutting board
Grill
Tongs

1. Open up the package of ribs and rinse meat under water. Drip dry and set on cookie sheet.

2. Lightly salt both sides of the meat. (Make sure to do both sides. I sometimes forget.)

3. Ask adult to help you start grill and heat to 400 degrees. Once heated, place ribs on grill for about 20 minutes on each side. Wash cookie sheet or make sure to put it in the sink and get a clean one out for later!!

4. While the ribs are cooking, get your bowl and pour in all 'yer BBQ sauce! Cut lemon/lime in half and squeeze all the juice into the bowl. Add brown sugar and A1 sauce and stir it all up.

5. When ribs are done on the grill, use your tongs and put the meat on a clean cookie sheet. Turn off grill.

6. Cut the ribs in between the bones and put in a crock pot. Pour the sauce all over the ribs and put on the lid. Cook for 2 hours on low setting. Then, switch the ribs around (ribs on the top, put on the bottom and vice-versa) and cook for another 2 hours.

7. Wait. Wait. Wait. BUT, soon you will have ribs that fall off the bone and are so good you'll want to lick the crock pot...just don't let your mom see.


No comments: